[ugrads] Graduation 2011 Volunteers Needed

Joe Millham jmillham at iit.edu
Thu Apr 14 11:29:23 CDT 2011

Hello everyone,
This year's graduation ceremony will be held on Saturday, May 14 on
the IIT Main Campus, and the Applied Math department needs your help!
We are looking for a couple of non-graduating students to help manage
the Applied Math / Math & Science Ed unit ceremony in Perlstein Hall
from 10:30 am to about 1:30 pm.

What we need:
- Help setting up the Auditorium (setting out flower arrangements,
diplomas, graduate gifts)
- Lining up graduating students and faculty
- Running the sound system
- Cleaning up afterward and returning extra materials to both the AM
main office and the Registrar's office
- Volunteers to attend a pre-graduation meeting during the preceding
week (after finals) to go over duties and responsibilities.

What you get:
- Really nifty red T-shirt that gets you into the ceremonies
- Free Food (doughnuts, coffee, snacks, lunch, all leftovers)
- Warm, fuzzy feeling knowing you helped your classmates graduate in a
smooth and celebratory fashion
- The undying thanks of a grateful department

If you are willing to help out, please reply to this email and I will
get you on the list.

thank you,
Joe Millham

Administrative Assistant