[ugrads] [Mathclub-members] Request for volunteers for Nov 20th CPS Science Fair Data Analysis Workshop

Robert Ellis rellis at math.iit.edu
Fri Nov 12 16:55:20 CST 2010

Dear Math club members,

Please consider volunteering for this event.  Right now I have only one
"yes" and one "maybe," and we need 6-8 IIT undergraduates to be able to help
all CPS students expected to attend.

Thank you,
Robert Ellis

*Science Fair Data Analysis Workshop*
*Request for IIT Student Volunteers*

*Why:*  CPS students need help and encouragement with science fair project
data analysis
*What:* Science Fair Data Analysis Workshop for CPS
*When:* Saturday Nov. 20, 9am-12pm
*Where:* E1 Building, Main Campus, IIT (then follow signs)
*Your role:* Assist Chicago Public School students in science fair data
analysis
*Your Qualifications:* Math 474 (Intro to Prob & Stat) or Math 476
(Statistics) and/or a solid understanding of standard deviation and its use
in hypothesis testing
*Event Schedule:*
9am-10:30am    Data Analysis Explained (standard deviation refresher)
10:30am-12pm  Three thirty-minute one-on-one sessions with CPS science fair
students
*IIT Coordinator:*  Robert Ellis, Applied Mathematics (rellis at math.iit.edu)

*How do I sign up or get further information?*
Email Robert Ellis (rellis at math.iit.edu).  I am looking for 6-8 volunteers.

--
E1 105C, IL Inst. Tech.
Chicago, IL 60616