[ugrads] FW: Job Posting: Analysis of soccer statistics using markov model

Gladys Collins collinsg at iit.edu
Wed Nov 3 15:28:07 CDT 2010

From: Jaeson Rosenfeld [mailto:jaeson at statdna.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2010 3:15 PM
To: collinsg at iit.edu
Subject: Job Posting: Analysis of soccer statistics using markov model

Hi Gladys:

Here is the posting. Thanks for sending this.

Looking for an undergraduate or graduate student who has experience and/or
ability to apply a markov model to soccer statistics, its a short term
project lasting a few weeks and starting immediately.  We have some existing
code written in python that can be built upon. We may also need some
logistic regressions to be updated. We have collected some of the most
detailed data on soccer performance ever collected and this is likely to be
ground breaking work on understanding the "beautiful game".  Our overall
goal is to understand contribution to goal scoring by each player on a team.
Please email jaeson at statDNA.com with technical qualifications/relevant
experience of interested. Pay is $20/hr.

Best,
Jaeson

--
  <http://dc124.4shared.com/download/o_1s3li4/jaeson_name_tag.gif>