[ugrads] 2nd announcment: Recent Advances in the Numerical Approximation of Stochastic PDE, NSF/CBMS Regional Conference

Igor Cialenco igor at math.iit.edu
Wed May 19 21:45:16 CDT 2010

2nd ANNOUNCEMENT:  NSF/CBMS Regional Conference

"Recent Advances in the Numerical Approximation of Stochastic PDE"

Dear Colleague,

We are pleased to announce the NSF/CBMS Regional Conference "Recent Advances
in the Numerical Approximation of Stochastic Partial Differential
Equations", to be held at the Department of Applied Mathematics, Illinois
Institute of Technology, Chicago, August 9-13, 2010.

This conference will follow CBMS guidelines, with the

Main Speaker, Peter E. KLOEDEN (University of Frankfurt, Germany) who will
deliver a series of 10 lectures.

Other invited speakers:

Hassian Allouba (Kent State University, USA)

Peter Bates (Michigan State University, USA)

Dirk Blomker*(Augsburg University, Germany)

Qiang Du ( Penn State University, USA)

Beniamin Goldys (University of New South Wales, Australia)

Arnulf Jentzen (Bielefeld University,  Germany)

Yannis Kevrekidis (Princeton University, USA)

Annie Millet* (Paris 6, France)

Salah Mohemmed (Southern Illinois University, USA)

Klaus Ritter (Darmstadt University, Germany)

Anthony Roberts (Adelaide University, Australia)

https://mail.google.com/mail/images/cleardot.gifPanagiotis Souganidis
(University of Chicago, USA)

Richard Sowers (University of Illinois at Urbana Champagne, USA)

Dongbin Xiu (Purdue University, USA)

*) to be confirmed

During the conference we will have several Computer Lab Sessions, Informal
Discussion Sessions and a Poster Session.

There is no fee for attending the conference but registration is required.
Since we expect a large number of participants we ask you to register by
June 15th on conference web-site http://math.iit.edu/~spde2010. Please
indicate your interest in presenting a poster.

This conference is financially supported by the National Science Foundation
and Illinois Institute of Technology. Some travel and lodging support is
available. Requests for support will be considered as long as funds remain
available. Junior mathematicians, graduate students and all scientists from
underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.

Graduate Students and Post-Docs: to request financial support, send a letter
of intent to Ms. Gladys Collins (collinsg at iit.edu)  and have your
advisor/supervisor submit a short recommendation letter to the same email.

More details at http://math.iit.edu/~spde2010

Please also help us advertise this conference to your faculty members,
postdocs and graduate students by sharing the attached poster and/or posting
it in your department.

Thank you for your help! We apologize for cross-postings.

Sincerely,

Jinqiao Duan, Igor Cialenco and Fred Hickernell,

Organizers

10 W 32nd Str, E1 208