[ugrads] [Mathclub-members] ISMAA 2010 Conference/ Contest

Hannah R Kolb hkolb at iit.edu
Thu Mar 25 14:28:07 CDT 2010

ISMAA 2010 conference is coming up, April 9-10 at Augustana College in Rock
Island, Illinois

Please let me know ASAP if you would like to attend

This is a great conference that we have attended in the past

There is also a math contest held here, in which IIT teams have placed well in
in the past, a sample problem is:

You have a deck of 10 cards and on each card there is a single digit between 0
and 9, inclusive.  The digit on the top card equals the number of cards which
have a zero on them, and so forth until the digit on the last card is the number
of cards with a nine on them. What are the digits, in order from top to bottom,
on the cards?

http://ismaa.knox.edu/2010AnnualMeeting.htm#StudentMathContest2010

 Hannah Kolb

"Here I am: my brain is open"