[ugrads] Reminder: Department Poster Competition

Hemanshu Kaul kaul at math.iit.edu
Mon Mar 15 09:57:46 CDT 2010

Dear students,

As you know, the department student poster competition will be held soon.
So far, I have received confirmation from only 1 grad student and 2
undergrad students. These numbers are too low. I strongly encourage you to
send me an email if you are planning to participate or even if you are not
sure yet but would like some advice.

Most PhD students should be presenting their research. If you participated
last year, you can present your poster updated with the work you have done
over the past year.

MS students who have have started their MS thesis work or any kind of
project should also participate.

Undergraduate students, if you have participated in an REU or any kind of
research project, or done a project for any class, this is an excellent
opportutnity to present your work.

As a reminder, the relevant dates are as follows:

3/16, Tuesday (extended to end of this week): Deadline for confirming
participation in the competition - Send me an email.

4/5, Monday: Completion and printing of the posters.

4/7, Wednesday: Judging of the posters to select representatives to IIT
research day.

4/14, Wednesday: IIT research day poster competition.

4/19, Monday: Menger Day exhibition of all the posters and award ceremony.

thanks,
Hemanshu