[ugrads] [Mathclub-members] Congratulations!

Anita E. Thomas athomas5 at iit.edu
Fri Apr 23 15:10:36 CDT 2010

Hello everyone,
  I'd like to start by echoing Professor Hickernell by thanking all of you who
participated in and/or organized Menger events.  During the Karl Menger Lecture
on Monday, several students were presented with awards:

Karl Menger Award for Outstanding Scholarship by a Student:  Hannah Kolb
Outstanding Teaching Assistant: Amlan Barua (grad student)

3rd Annual Undergraduate Math Competition:
1st Prize       Mitchell Isoda
2nd Prize       Anil Vasireddi
2nd Prize       Zhihe Liu
Certificate of Recognition      Manuel Lopez
Certificate of Recognition      Preston Bailey

SIAM Weekly Problem Competition
Yijun Cheng     9 times winner
Nan Wang        2 times winner
Kira J. Vincent certificate of recognition
Eda Gjergo      certificate of recognition

On behalf of the Math Club, congratulations to all the winners.

I'd also like to take this time to announce Math Club's new officers 2010-2011:

President:  Zhihe Liu
Vice President:  Anita Thomas