[ugrads] [Mathclub-members] 4:30pm Thursday event

Michael Pelsmajer pelsmajer at iit.edu
Tue Apr 20 14:18:20 CDT 2010

Hi.  I've told that you are welcome to participate in this event - which is
two days from now!  It sounds very interesting to me.  See below for the
announcement, and please RSVP to cronin at iit.edu.

*Academia To Emmys – Special Professional Roundtable for Students This
Thursday, 4:30 p.m.*

Dr. Loretta Moore (CS M.S. 86, Ph.D. 91), professor and chair, computer
science department, Jackson State University, and Andrea Berry (CS 84),
senior vice president of broadcast operations for Fox Networks Group, will
be the special guests at a roundtable on Thursday, April 22, 4:30 p.m.,
Stuart 111. A reception will follow at 5:30 p.m. All are welcome, but please
RSVP by April 21, to Patty Cronin, cronin at iit.edu.

Come hear how they chose their professional path and their steps to
achieving success--from what they did when they first graduated to their
toughest career decisions. They also will offer advice to students today,
especially in a tough job market.