[ugrads] FW: IPRO397 - New Course Offering in Fall 2010

Greg Fasshauer fasshauer at iit.edu
Fri Apr 9 21:21:36 CDT 2010

Hi Everyone,

	For those of you thinking about an IPRO for the fall semester, below
and in the attached document is a description of a new pilot project heading
in the direction of so-called IPRO 2.0. The idea is to run the first IPRO
semester as a large (50 student) section (IPR 397) during which you learn
about various aspects of team projects before you then would become part of
a small team  project (IPR 497, I guess) in the follow-up semester.

If you want to try this new format, study the attached information and
follow the instructions included in my email. You may have to act fast since
enrollment is limited to 2 sections of 50 students each.

If you prefer to do your IPROs under the existing format, you may have to
act fast as well since the number of "standard" IPROs seems to be
significantly reduced.

Office: Engineering 1, Room 208A
email: fasshauer at iit.edu  or fass at math.iit.edu