[ugrads] Summer course on numerical hyperbolic conservation laws

Greg Fasshauer fasshauer at iit.edu
Fri May 15 16:25:59 CDT 2009

Hi,

            Aamer Haque, one of our adjuncts, has offered to teach a
4xx/5xx-level course on numerical methods for hyperbolic conservation laws
this summer (see attached syllabus). Would you be interested in taking this
course? It would run for the entire summer term with 2 90 minute meetings
per week.

We would run this as a 0-credit course so that it would be free for you to
take. On the other hand, it would still be an official course which will
appear on your transcript.

Amlan Barua, Xu Sun and Michael Mongillo have expressed interest in taking
the course. If we can get 5 or 6 students, we'll go ahead and set this up.
Please let me know by next Wednesday.

            Thanks,

Office: Engineering 1, Room 208A

email: fasshauer at iit.edu  or fass at math.iit.edu