[ugrads] Graduation Volunteers Needed

Joe Millham jmillhamiit at gmail.com
Fri May 8 11:10:05 CDT 2009

Hello Everyone,
With the end of the school year comes the annual graduation ceremony,
and the Applied Math department needs your help. The ceremony is next
Saturday, May 16 on the main campus, and if you would like to help, it
would be greatly appreciated.  Just like last year, we are having a
two-step graduation ceremony, with a university-wide main ceremony on
the soccer (football) field, and then breaking into individual unit
ceremonies to recognize our graduates.  This year, we are partnering
with the Math & Science Education department, and need non-graduating
students' help in making sure the ceremony runs smoothly.  No prior
experience is necessary, and all are welcome.

If you volunteer, you get admittance to the ceremonies, food, a
t-shirt, and the undying gratitude of your department.  Please respond
to this email, call (312.567.8984) or see me (Joe) in the main math
office (E1 208) to get on the list, and I will let you know when we
schedule a walk-through.  Seating and tickets are limited for both the
main and department ceremonies, so if you would like to attend any of
the ceremonies to see a friend walk, volunteering is a sure ticket in.
 The main ceremony starts at 11:00 am and the unit ceremony should be
over by 2 pm.

Thank you and please respond soon so we can get you on the necessary lists,

Joe Millham
Administrative Assistant
Engineering-1 Room 208
10 W. 32rd St.