[ugrads] CME field trip

Zhihe Liu zliu34 at iit.edu
Thu May 7 19:34:59 CDT 2009

Hi all,

Just a remark, the CME group is made up of the Chicago Mercantile
Exchange (CME), Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT), the city’s two most
important exchanges, and the New York Mercantile Exchange (NYMEX).

For security purposes, ONLY pre-scheduled academic and industry-related
GROUPS are permitted access to the viewing gallery overlooking the
trading floor.

That means if you go there yourself, like I did last time, you are NOT
allowed to go anywhere except a so-called "Visitor Center" in the
lobby-level with only a few posters and brochures, 4 videos and a
counter selling souvenirs to see. Believe me, that is really frustrating.

So, it's a great opportunity to have a look at the city's famous
exchange tomorrow. Don't miss it!!!! Reply to Ben Niu to join the trip.

Best,

Zhihe Liu