[ugrads] FW: Career Opportunities for Math Majors

Greg Fasshauer fasshauer at iit.edu
Wed May 6 21:04:44 CDT 2009

Potential job opportunity below.

Office: Engineering 1, Room 208A

email: fasshauer at iit.edu  or fass at math.iit.edu

  _____

From: Stephanie Pahler [mailto:spahler at epicsystems.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 06, 2009 4:27 PM
To: fasshauer at iit.edu
Subject: Career Opportunities for Math Majors

Dear Prof. Gregory Fasshauer,

My name is Stephanie Pahler, and I work as a recruiter at Epic in Madison,
Wisconsin.  Epic is a national leader in software development for healthcare
systems, and we support some of the largest and most respected organizations
in the country.  We are currently looking for talented individuals with a
background in Mathematics to work in Technical Services.  As the school year
comes to an end, we thought you may know some qualified seniors who are
still looking for a job, and hope that you will pass this opportunity on to
them.  I have included an email below which you can forward to your students
to provide them with more information about the position and applying.  We
look forward to seeing your students in our application process!

All the best,

Stephanie Pahler

Hello,

As graduation approaches, are you still trying to decide what you want to do
with your life?  Do something Epic!  My name is Stephanie Pahler and I am a
recruiter at Epic, a Madison, Wisconsin-based software development company.
Epic is a national leader in software development for healthcare systems. We
create and implement a wide range of integrated software for many of the
largest healthcare organizations in the country. Our software improves
patient care, reduces costs, and saves lives. Over the last 15 years we have
seen steady growth, and organizations currently using our software care for
about 70 million people across the United States. That means that 1 in 5
people in the U.S. are directly affected by the work we do.  Beyond all of
that, Epic is an exciting, innovative place to work.

In Technical Services, you'll leverage your problem-solving skills and
technical interest, combined with our comprehensive training program, to
help support our nationwide clients. You'll become an expert in our
applications and work closely with our customers' most technical staff to
help ensure their organizations' continued success.  Beyond your work with
our customers, you will have the opportunity to participate in many aspects
of the software field, including troubleshooting, development, analysis,
training, quality assurance, project management and installation. Technical
Services is a dynamic role, requiring quick thinking, motivation, and a
willingness to learn.

To get to know our campus and read up on some of our creative staff, please
visit our website at  <http://www.epicsystems.com/applicants-epic.php>
http://www.epicsystems.com/applicants-epic.php.

For fastest consideration, please apply online at
<http://www.epicsystems.com/forms/hr_datasheet.php>
http://www.epicsystems.com/forms/hr_datasheet.php.

Thank you for your interest in Epic, and we look forward to reviewing your
application.

Stephanie Pahler

Epic Human Resources

1979 Milky Way