[ugrads] Please join us for the Menger Event on April 20-21

Fred J. Hickernell fred at math.iit.edu
Thu Apr 16 15:29:12 CDT 2009

Dear students and colleagues,

In just a few days we will be celebrating Karl Menger's contributions
to IIT with a host of activities on April 20-21:

o  Math Club meeting featuring the Menger lecturer, Prof. Richard
Durrett,
o  student research poster competition,
o  lectures by Prof. Tomasz Bielecki and the Vidozzis,
o  the Menger Lecture by Prof. Richard Durrett,
o  announcement of the winners of the Karl Menger Student Award and
the departmental TA award,
o  a research talk by Prof. Durrett,
o a talk by Prof. Durrett on what it takes to be a successful
mathematician,

and more.  The full program is on the web at

http://www.iit.edu/csl/am/about/menger/

Please join us for these activities.  Besides enjoying them
yourselves, our alumni, emeriti, and guests would appreciate the time
that you take to talk with them.  You are our hosts.

See you on Monday and thank you,