[ugrads] Fwd: How I Became a Quant: Chicago

Fred J. Hickernell fred at math.iit.edu
Thu Feb 28 18:02:14 CST 2008

Dear AM students,

Here is an event that you might be interested in.

Amy Lerner
International Association of Financial Engineers
Communications Associate
630 9th Avenue, Suite 802
New York, NY 10036
646-736-0680

Dear Student,

Quantitative finance has grown enormously in recent years and students
of quantitative disciplines, including mathematics, physics,
economics, computer science, and engineering, are consistently finding
successful careers in the field.  The International Association of
Financial Engineers is a non-profit professional society that fosters
the field of quantitative finance through discussion of pivotal topics
in the industry. One such event is “How I Became a Quant,” created to
provide a platform for professionals to inform students and answer
their questions about the field.

On Wednesday, March 12th, the IAFE will hold the How I Became a Quant
evening at the Stuart School of Business at the Illinois Institute of
Technology. This is a free event and open to both undergraduate and
graduate students in any quantitative discipline. Our speakers,
Patrick Bourbon from UBS, Reto Gallati from Nuveen Investments, Hilary
Till, from Premia Capital Management, and Jennika Gold from Factset
will be discussing their experiences in their quantitative careers and
answering questions from the attendees. Michael Gorham from IIT-Stuart
will be moderating.

The event begins at 6:00PM with a reception following at 7:30 and will
be held at the Illinois Institute of Technology, 565 West Adams
Street. We do ask that you register by Tuesday, March 11th at our
website http://iafe.org/03122008.html. We hope to see you there.

Kind Regards,

Amy Lerner
Communications Associate
International Associate of Financial Engineers