[ugrads] [Mathclub-members] Math contest this Saturday (confirm?)

Michael Pelsmajer pelsmajer at iit.edu
Thu Dec 4 17:10:30 CST 2008

Hi.  The Putnam Mathematical Competition will be this Saturday, from
9-12, and continuing 2-5pm.  Meet in E1 102 or E1 103.  Try to show up
10 minutes early.

Reminder: This is the most prestigious nationwide math competition
each year.  There are big prizes and honors for top winners.  The
problems are very interesting and on average, quite hard!

If you're not sure about it, I recommend showing up anyway and giving
the first couple problems a shot.  You don't have to stay for the
entire session, if you're not having fun.

If I don't see you there, good luck w/finals and happy end of semester!

--
Michael J. Pelsmajer             http://www.iit.edu/~pelsmaje
Applied Mathematics, E1 Room 206       pelsmajer at iit.edu
Illinois Institute of Technology         (312)567-5344