[ugrads] MAA News April 2008

Hemanshu Kaul kaul at math.iit.edu
Wed Apr 23 14:25:22 CDT 2008

Dear Students and Faculty,

MathFest (the annual meeting of the MAA) 2008 is being held Madison, WI,
July 31-August 2. Check out www.maa.org/mathfest

Register by May 2 to get the Early Bird rate!

I would strongly encourage students, both undergraduate and graduate, to
present their research at this meeting. This meeting is not always so
close to Chicago and there are travel grants available for students
interested in presenting their work at MathFest. For undergraduates, visit
www.maa.org/students/undergrad/mathfest08.html for details. For graduate
students, visit www.maa.org/students/grad/ .If you need help with your
talk/ registration/ etc., please do not hesitate to contact me.

Students, have you seen the latest Student Chapter Newsletter? It's
available at www.maa.org/students/chapter_news/index.html .
There is also a new graduate student newsletter at
www.maa.org/students/grad/Graduate_Student_Newsletter.pdf .

A new website for jobs in the mathematical sciences, MAA Math Classifieds,
is available at www.mathclassifieds.org . Additional career information
and more is available on the MAA Student Website, at www.maa.org/students.

Finally, for faculty, information regarding many  Professional
Enchancement Programs (PREP) is available at www.maa.org/prep/2008 .

best regards,
Hemanshu

Hemanshu Kaul
Assistant Professor of Applied Mathematics
Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago
http://www.math.iit.edu/faculty/kaul.html