[ugrads] Coursework planning meeting/elections

Anthony Parrillo parrant at iit.edu
Mon Apr 7 09:32:53 CDT 2008

Math Club Members and Undergraduate Math Majors:

This Wednesday the Math Club will be meeting at 12:45pm in E1 101(?)
[the first room on the left when you enter from the South doors].
There will be plenty of pizza and drinks available.  We will be doing
two important things:

1. Undergraduate Coursework Planning Meeting:
  -Don't know which classes to take when?  Want to propose a class
that isn't being offered?  Want to ask other undergraduates what
classes they would like to take as well?  Want to know what the
tentative class offering schedule for Fall 2008 is?  Then come to this
meeting.  Even if you're not a part of the math club, this meeting is
highly recommended so that you choose your courses wisely.  Dr.
Fasshauer will also be attending and giving some advice, as well as
some upperclassmen, so take advantage of this opportunity so that when
you can begin to register, you can know which classes you are going to
take.

2. Math Club Elections:
  -This week we will be holding math club elections.  We need people
to fill the positions of:
 -President
 -Vice President
 -Treasurer
 -Secretary
So far I have not gotten any nominations (although I will take
nominations on Wednesday as well).  Please think about filling one of
these roles.

See you Wednesday at 12:45.
-Tony

P.S. This week's problem of the week has a double monetary award value.