[ugrads] [Mathclub-members] math talks, etc.

Michael Pelsmajer pelsmajer at iit.edu
Wed Sep 5 19:17:05 CDT 2007

That was fun.  Next week Thursday 12:50pm more pizza & more similar
problems.  Maybe you can see if anyone finished (w/a proof) #2 by then?

The talk tomorrow is in E1 122, 4:40pm
http://math.iit.edu/academics/abstracts/Du.html
It looks really interesting to me, at least.
Nice pictures and toys:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voronoi_diagram
http://www.cs.cornell.edu/Info/People/chew/Delaunay.html

If you're interested in hearing other math Talks, they're all listed on
this webpage, which is kept up-to-date:
http://math.iit.edu/academics/sem_coll.html
(While we generally don't expect to understand everything - as they
joked in my grad school, only the speaker understands it all! - it's
still good to go.)

If you want to be notified by email, you can sign up for any of the 4
seminars' mailing lists here: http://math.iit.edu/mailman/listinfo .  I
know that there are few students that attend Discrete-math-seminar when
they can, so it must be fairly accessible.  sem-coll is widely varying
in difficulty and topic, and while I don't personally know about the
others, don't let that stop you if you're interested.)

Michael J. Pelsmajer                    www.iit.edu/~pelsmaje
Applied Mathematics, E1 Room 206          pelsmajer at iit.edu
Illinois Institute of Technology            (312)567-5344