[ugrads] [Mathclub-members] tomorrow, and Friday, and this weekend

Michael Pelsmajer pelsmajer at iit.edu
Tue Oct 30 14:57:19 CDT 2007

1. By popular demand, this week we meet on Wednesday.  Tomorrow!  I'll
bring the problems from last Saturday's math contest, and maybe some
others, and pizza.

Wednesday, 12:50, E1 103

2. IIT students Jon Beagley and Kevin Ventullo will give talks this
Friday on research that they did over last summer - this should not be
missed!  (These are longer versions of the talks that they have
given/will give at conferences.)
http://math.iit.edu/academics/abstracts/Beagley.Ventullo.html

Friday, 2:00pm, E1 room TBA

3.  There are two conferences This weekend, one at Argonne National
Labs, and one at U.Dayton.
      There is already a car going to the conference in Dayton;
perhaps there is room for you, I don't know. Contact Professor Ellis
(rellis at math.iit.edu) if you're interested.
      The other is at Argonne National Labs (science, not just math).
You get a tour of the lab, etc.  It should be easy to organize a trip.
Friday and(/or) Saturday.
      There are links to both conference websites here
http://www.math.iit.edu/interest/mathclub.html

Michael J. Pelsmajer                    www.iit.edu/~pelsmaje
Applied Mathematics, E1 Room 206          pelsmajer at iit.edu
Illinois Institute of Technology            (312)567-5344