[ugrads] Classes for next semester

Greg Fasshauer fasshauer at iit.edu
Wed Oct 17 15:03:00 CDT 2007

Hi Everyone,

            The teaching schedule for next semester is due soon (and
unfortunately this time I probably don't have that much flexibility). Here
is the (I think) rather decent list of courses we are planning to offer:

MATH 350         Intro to Numerical Methods

MATH 402         Complex Analysis

MATH 435         Linear Optimization

MATH 453         Combinatorics

MATH 461         Fourier Series

MATH 476         Statistics

MATH 478         Numerical Methods for Differential Equations

MATH 486         Mathematical Modeling I

MATH 489         Partial Differential Equations

MATH 435 is a new course offered by Prof. Kaul.

I believe this pretty much reflects the entries in the matrix listed in the
AM undergraduate handbook.

If there is some other course you feel very strongly about (and know there
is significant interest in by at least 8-10 students), then please let me
know as soon as possible.

            Best wishes,

Office: Engineering 1, Room 208A

email: fasshauer at iit.edu  or fass at math.iit.edu