[ugrads] [Mathclub-members] summer math update

Michael Pelsmajer pelsmajer at iit.edu
Tue Jan 30 13:37:27 CST 2007

I browsed through just a few REU websites and found...

For international students:
  Trinity University mentions that you can apply if you are willing to
forgo the stipend.  Many programs will be like this - some will say it
clearly like this, and some will tell you if (you're really interested
and) you ask.  Don't let your citizenship status prevent you from
applying to REUs!

Freshmen and people who haven't taken that much math:
  There are projects that only require prerequisites like linear
algebra, differential equations, multivariable calculus.  Northern
Arizona, University of Akron, University of Tennessee... Really, I
barely looked and I found these.

Michael J. Pelsmajer                    www.iit.edu/~pelsmaje
Applied Mathematics, E1 Room 206          pelsmajer at iit.edu
Illinois Institute of Technology            (312)567-5344
Chicago, IL 60616