[ugrads] [Mathclub-members] summer internship possibility

Michael Pelsmajer pelsmajer at iit.edu
Thu Feb 22 17:37:14 CST 2007

Hi.  I went to the Career Fair today and met Neva Gray - the founding
president of the Math Club at IIT.  Her company has internships over the
summer for students interested in survey research.  Look here
www.norc.org to learn more about them.

I asked specifically whether current freshmen could apply, and they said
yes.  (I think it helps if you know some statistics.)  I asked about the
deadline, and it's quite soon.  I asked, "How interested in survey
research must one be to apply", but I forgot the answer.  I asked if she
would be willing to give a talk for the math club, and she said yes.
All other questions you will have to ask yourself.

Michael J. Pelsmajer                    www.iit.edu/~pelsmaje
Applied Mathematics, E1 Room 206          pelsmajer at iit.edu
Illinois Institute of Technology            (312)567-5344