[ugrads] [Mathclub-members] This Wednesday, and March 30-31, and April 11

Michael Pelsmajer pelsmajer at iit.edu
Mon Feb 12 16:23:50 CST 2007

Hi everyone.

Let's have a regular meeting on Wednesday, 12:50, E1 121, as usual.
Except that we'll start with a short talk reviewing some ideas from
Zeitz before going on to attacking problems.  I'll start, this week, but
I expect other to do this in the future.  Bring your copy of Zeitz if
you have one already.  I'll bring some handouts to share as well.

March 30-31 is the ISMAA math competition, as part of the ISMAA meeting
in Macomb, IL.  Save the date.  When they give us more details, we'll
have to respond quickly to get funding and housing.

Wednesday, April 11, 12:50, we have tentatively scheduled a talk from
Karl Sigmund, Professor of Mathematics, University of Vienna.  (!!!)

By the way, I'm trying to keep track of things with a simple webpage
  http://math.iit.edu/interest/mathclub.html

Michael J. Pelsmajer                    www.iit.edu/~pelsmaje
Applied Mathematics, E1 Room 206          pelsmajer at iit.edu
Illinois Institute of Technology            (312)567-5344