[ugrads] Fall MATH courses

Greg Fasshauer fasshauer at iit.edu
Mon Feb 12 15:18:13 CST 2007

Dear All,

            I'm currently planning the teaching schedule for next semester.
Are there any advanced courses you'd like to see offered? The last couple
petitions you've given me have worked out great. I'd need new petitions by
Feb.25 (signed by at least 8 students committed to the desired course).

The following courses are almost certainly going to be offered:

MATH 400         Real Analysis

MATH 454         Graph Theory & Applic.

MATH 475         Probability

MATH 477         Numerical Linear Algebra

MATH 481         Intro. to Stochastic Processes

MATH 485         Intro. to Mathematical Finance

Other options might be:

MATH 300         Perspectives in Analysis

MATH 4xx         Linear Optimization

MATH 486         Mathematical Modeling I

Other suggestions are also welcome (MATH 476 Statistics and MATH 489 PDEs
are planned for Spring 08).

Also, we'll probably try to continue the MATH/CPS IPRO.

            Best wishes,

Office: Engineering 1, Room 208A,   email: fasshauer at iit.edu

Phone: (312) 567-3149                       or    fass at math.iit.edu

Fax: (312) 567-3135                         URL: http://math.iit.edu/~fass/