[ugrads] Talk for undergraduates interested in math

Greg Fasshauer fasshauer at iit.edu
Tue Apr 3 18:16:19 CDT 2007

Dear All,

            On Thursday, April 12, 12:45-1:45 there will be a talk by Margo
Levine, from Northwestern's Applied Mathematics Department. She will be
giving a presentation on her research in nanotechnology and thin films
accessible for undergraduate students.

The secondary (or perhaps primary) purpose of her talk is for us (you
included!) to determine whether she would be suitable for a Senior Lecturer
position at IIT in the Fall semester.

It would be great if a good number of you could attend. I know you're busy
(and we're having another talk on Wednesday), but it would look bad if the
room is empty.

            Thanks,

            Greg Fasshauer

P.S.: The usual Math Club fare will be available to get you through the
lunch hour.

P.P.S.: We're trying to schedule another such talk for Wednesday, April 18
with another candidate.

Office: Engineering 1, Room 208A,   email: fasshauer at iit.edu

Phone: (312) 567-3149                       or    fass at math.iit.edu

Fax: (312) 567-3135                         URL: http://math.iit.edu/~fass/