[ugrads] weekly math contest practices

Michael J. Pelsmajer pelsmajer at iit.edu
Thu Sep 14 19:13:27 CDT 2006

Hi.  We got a regular room for math contest with plenty of whiteboards:
   E1 119, 12:50-1:40pm every Wednesday.
Tony has agreed to take care of getting the pizza.  I will be there next
time, and most of the time in the future - and there should will be nice
problems for everyone to work on.

I noticed that some "regulars" didn't show up - maybe because of
conflicts?  We can schedule a second meeting each week if there's enough
interest.  Let me know if you would (a) like to come but can't make the
current meeting time, or if (b) you would go to two practices/week if
given the opportunity.

The first contest of the year is Oct 28 (Saturday morning), by the way.

(Vinit, please send out a reminder for this and the math tea each week -
thanks.)

Michael J. Pelsmajer                    www.iit.edu/~pelsmaje
Applied Mathematics, E1 Room 206          pelsmajer at iit.edu
Illinois Institute of Technology            (312)567-5344