[ugrads] Fwd: SIAM membership for students

Michael J. Pelsmajer pelsmajer at iit.edu
Thu Nov 30 19:39:30 CST 2006

Vlad points out that you all can become members of SIAM for free because
IIT is an Academic Member of SIAM.  Quoting from Vlad's email:

The details are at http://www.siam.org/membership/individual/free.php,
but all that is required is a nomination "by any regular SIAM member in
good standing or by their department chair in mathematics, engineering,
computer science, physical science, or any field of study using
mathematics or computational methods" (from the webpage).

To make life simple (who would have thought), a nomination consists of
"e-mailing the student's name, shipping address, and e-mail address to
liberatore at siam.org" (from the webpage).

Since I haven't heard/read about this during my time here, I'm assuming
that it's not very well known/advertised, and I think it would be a very
good idea to bring it up to MATH 100 students, Math Club members, etc.

Thank you, Vlad!

Michael J. Pelsmajer                    www.iit.edu/~pelsmaje
Applied Mathematics, E1 Room 206          pelsmajer at iit.edu
Illinois Institute of Technology            (312)567-5344
Chicago, IL 60616