[ugrads] Fwd: cs590, Fall 06

Fred J. Hickernell fred at math.iit.edu
Tue Jul 25 21:58:02 CDT 2006

Dear colleagues and students,

This is an interesting course for Applied Math Graduate and senior-
level undergraduate students.  Several students from AM took this
course last year.  I would encourage you to talk with those who took
it.  There is a potential for a summer internship at Argonne for
those who do well.

> From: Hong Zhang <hzhang at mcs.anl.gov>
> Date: July 25, 2006 3:17:00 PM CDT
> To: Sudhakar Nair <nair at iit.edu>
> Cc: gosz at iit.edu, desantiago at iit.edu, gidaspow at iit.edu,
> rempfer at iit.edu, cassel at iit.edu, lykos at iit.edu,
> arastoopour at iit.edu, shen at iit.edu, lix at iit.edu, hickernell at iit.edu,
> Jeff Duan <duan at iit.edu>, fasshauer at iit.edu, Hong Zhang
> <hzhang at mcs.anl.gov>
> Subject: cs590, Fall 06
>

> Dear colleagues,
>
> Thanks for your support in the Spring.
> I had students from Math, Physics and Engineering
> who did impressive projects on the parallel computing in CS590
> (see a list of projects on
> http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/~hzhang/teach/cs590/).
>
> This fall, I'll be teaching cs590 again
> (I plan to teach it once a year. Chaging the course to the Fall
> would facilitate nomination of ANL summer intern in Jan.)
> Please help distributing the attached course announcement.
>
> Note: the course opens to the senior high-level undergraduate
>       students. To my surprise, the best course project in cs590
>       (spring 06) was done by two undergraduate students!
>
> Best wish,
>
> Hong

E1 Bdg Rm 208, 10 West 32nd Street, Chicago, IL 60616