[ugrads] Apply now for summer mathematics programs!

Michael J. Pelsmajer pelsmajer at iit.edu
Tue Jan 31 12:03:34 CST 2006

Hi,
  There are summer programs in mathematics for undergraduates, mostly
"Research Experiences for Undergraduates".  I think that these are great
and I highly recommend them.  The time to apply is _right_now_!

Generic description:
Each REU consists of a group of ten or so undergraduates, who work in
the research programs of the host institution. Students are in general
accepted from throughout the country. Each student is assigned to a
specific research project, where he/she works closely with the faculty,
post-docs, and graduate students. In addition, seminars, lunch meetings,
and social functions are organized to facilitate interaction between the
undergraduates. Students are granted stipends, and in some cases
assistance with housing and travel. Women and members of under-
represented minorities are particularly urged to apply.  Most are
restricted to U.S. citizens and permanent residents, but there are
exceptions.

More information online: http://www.iit.edu/~pelsmaje/#SUMMER is a
starting point.  Ask me if you have any questions.

Michael Pelsmajer