[ugrads] Today is super-math day

Michael J. Pelsmajer pelsmajer at iit.edu
Wed Dec 6 08:38:49 CST 2006

Hi.  Two events today.

1) Math Club meeting 12:50, E1 119
There will be a special talk given by students who have been doing a
special research course with Professor Ellis this semester: Vlad, Kai,
Mike, & Jeffrey (I think)

Abstract:
We analyze a simplified version of the popular board game Clue. We will
examine heuristics for choosing strategies under various situations; varying
the number of cards, categories and players. We will discuss strategies for
playing the game as well as ways to record and evaluate the current game
state. We will also discuss recommendations for query selection and query
refutation.

2) Department Holiday party, 4:00 PM, E1, Room 129

Michael J. Pelsmajer                    www.iit.edu/~pelsmaje
Applied Mathematics, E1 Room 206          pelsmajer at iit.edu
Illinois Institute of Technology            (312)567-5344