[ugrads] SIAM Student Chapter

Xiaofan Li lix at iit.edu
Tue Aug 9 11:15:06 CDT 2005

Hello,
  we are going to try to establish
a SIAM Student Chapter at IIT
(Dept of Applied Math being the main sponsor).
It will help you organize seminars/talks by yourselves
or faculty and sponsor other activities such as entering Mathematical
Contest in Modeling, trips to SIAM section meetings and picnics etc.

  In order to form the Chapter, we need a petition signed
by 12 current SIAM members.
Please let me know if you are current SIAM student member
and will sign the petition.

Sincerely,
Xiaofan Li

ps. Links related to the SIAM Student Chapters (include sample activities,
benefits and how to start):
http://www.siam.org/students/chapters/

Xiaofan Li
Associate Professor      Dept of Applied Math, IIT
Tel: (312)567-5340       10 W 32nd St
Fax: (312)567-3135       Chicago, IL 60616
Home Page: http://www.iit.edu/~xiaofan