[Sem-coll] Addition to Colloquium Info 10/29

Joe Millham jmillham at iit.edu
Thu Oct 25 11:15:30 CDT 2007

Greetings all:
I left out the information for Jie Shen's talk on Monday, October 29.
Please excuse me and hope to see you at this talk.

Monday, October 29, 2007 @ 4:40pm, E1 Room 106 Jie Shen of Purdue University
"Modeling and simulation fo multiphase incompressible flows using an
energetic variational phase field model"
Abstract:
I shall present an energetic variational phase field model for the
mixture of two incompressible fluids which leads to a set of coupled
nonlinear system consisting a phase equation and the Navier-Stokes
equations. I shall discuss efficient and accurate numerical schemes
for solving this coupled nonlinear system, and show ample numerical
results (drop formation and pitching-off, defect motion in
liquid crystal flow, etc.) which not only demonstrate the effectiveness of
the numerical schemes, but also validate the flexibility and robustness of
the phase-field model.

See you there!!

Joe Millham
Administrative Assistant