[Sem-coll] AMATH Dept. Colloquia 10/25-11/2

Joe Millham jmillham at iit.edu
Thu Oct 25 09:30:44 CDT 2007

Greetings everyone:
Please join us for the following colloquia this coming week.  Refreshments
will be served 10-15 minutes beforehand.

Graduate students are strongly encouraged to attend.

Thursday, October 25, 2007 at 4:40pm E1 Room 122
Philip Calabrese of Data Synthesis and Math PhD alumnus of IIT
"Applying Mathematics in the Real World"
see abstract below

Monday, October 29, 2007 @ 4:40pm, E1 Room 106
Jie Shen of Purdue University

See you there!!

Thursday, October 25, 2007 at 4:40pm E1 Room 122
Philip Calabrese of Data Synthesis and Math PhD alumnus of IIT
"Applying Mathematics in the Real World"
Abstract:
I will start with a brief account of my positions and how I was earning a
living while I was doing basic mathematical research on my own that was
eventually supported by the US Navy. In about 20 "slides" I will also go
over my mathematical work and its applications.

Joe Millham
Administrative Assistant
Applied Mathematics Department
312.567.8984