[Mmf] {Disarmed} quant job

Tomasz R Bielecki bielecki at iit.edu
Thu Apr 7 15:55:24 CDT 2011

Students,

This applies to those of you who are about to graduate with the MMF degree,
or have already graduated.

I have been informed about the following job opening:

Portfolio Analytics Research and Reporting Analyst

An investment management firm is currently looking for a Portfolio Analytics
Research and Reporting Analyst. The Analyst will:

*	Perform portfolio modeling and quantitative research
*	Design and produce reports on data analysis, data reconciliation and
performance measurement
*	Risk/return and attribution analysis

Candidates must have the following qualifications for consideration:

*	Bachelor's degree in scientific discipline (math, physics,
engineering, stats, computer science etc.)
*	Related experience with quant research, statistics, and data
analysis
*	Superior computer skills (database, spreadsheets, research and
development tools: MATLAB, SAS etc.; unless you have written many thousands
of lines of code, please do not apply )
*	Solid understanding of financial and statistical theory and practice
*	Ability to work with a team; excellent communication skills

This is meant for a BA degree person. I am  trying to clarify whether MS
degree holders may still apply.

Let me know if you are interested.

trb/

      Prof. Tomasz R. Bielecki
      Director of the Master of Mathematical Finance program

      visit the MMF website at http://www.iit.edu/mathematical_finance/

      Applied Mathematics Department

      Illinois Institute of Technology
      Engineering 1 Building
      10 West 32nd Street
      Chicago, IL 60616

       <http://us.mc905.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=bielecki@iit.edu>
bielecki at iit.edu
       <http://us.mc905.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=trbielec@yahoo.com>
trbielec at yahoo.com
      tel:
cid:image001.png at 01C9506B.E6EB1AA0cid:image001.png at 01C9506B.E6EB1AA0cid:imag
e001.png at 01C9506B.E6EB1AA0cid:image001.png at 01C9506B.E6EB1AA0cid:image001.png
@01C9506B.E6EB1AA0(+1)  312 567-3165cid:image002.png at 01C9506B.E6EB1AA0

      fax:   (+1) 312 567-3135

       Interesting new book

      can be inspected here: