[grads] Finite Element Course (MATH581) this Spring

Xiaofan Li lix at iit.edu
Thu Jan 5 14:49:45 CST 2017

Dear students,

   I am offering the course MATH581 'Finite Element Method'(FEM) this
Spring.
The course will be useful for those who would like to learn the very popular
numerical technique for solving partial differential equations and improve
their programming skills. The course will cover the basic theory of FEM,
including an introduction to multigrid technique and the relatively recent
development of Discontinuous Galerkin(DG) method. The prerequisite is
knowledge of partial differential equations and numerical methods at the
undergraduate level. The class meets TuTh 3:15-4:30pm. The syllabus of the
class can be found the following link:
http://mypages.iit.edu/~lix/teach/math581/s17/syllabus.html

   Let me know if you have any questions about this course.

Best Regards,
Xiaofan

Professor of Applied Mathematics
Tel:  (312) 567-5340      Office: Rettaliata Engineering Center Room 117C
Fax: (312) 567-3135      10 W 32nd St
mypages.iit.edu/~lix        Chicago, IL 60616