[grads] Math 599

Igor Cialenco cialenco at iit.edu
Tue Jan 3 20:50:10 CST 2017

Dear all students,

First of all, Happy New Year, and I hope you all enjoyed the break and made
most out of it. The semester starts soon, and while most of you already took
Math 599 (TA Trading), I would like to remind you that this course is
mandatory for all PhD students who are (or plan to be) TAs/Graders. Also,
for all graduate students who plan to become a PhD student in our
department, and seek financial support, have to take this course too. See
details about the course below. If you plan to take the course, please
contact Prof. Maslanka maslanka at iit.edu <mailto:maslanka at iit.edu> , who is
successfully running this course for years, for more details about the
course, registration, requirements, etc.

Best Regards,
Igor Cialenco

Director of Graduate Studies
Associate Professor of Applied Mathematics
Illinois Institute of Technology
Tel: 312-567-3131
Email:  <mailto:cialenco at iit.edu> cialenco at iit.edu
Web:  <http://math.iit.edu/~igor> http://math.iit.edu/~igor

MATH 599 TA TRAINING

This course provides the foundation of how to teach mathematics in the
context of introductory undergraduate courses. The course is designed to
encourage participation and cooperation among the graduate students, to help
them prepare for a career in academia, and to help convey the many
components of effective teaching. (1-0-0)