[grads] [Sem-coll] AM Dept. Seminars Correction

Joe Millham jmillhamiit at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 10:24:53 CST 2009

Professor Hemanshu Kaul's Seminar talk is today at 12:40 pm not, 4:40
pm.  Sorry for the confusion.

Networks & Optimization Seminar
Monday, Nov. 16,   12:40 pm   E1  119
Hemanshu Kaul,  IIT Applied Math
"Finding Large Subgraphs"
The maximum subgraph problem for a fixed graph property P asks: Given
a graph, find a subgraph satisfying property P that has the maximum
number of edges. Similarly, we can talk about maximum induced subgraph
problem. This property can be planarity, acyclicity, bipartiteness,
etc.

We will discuss some old and new problems of this flavor with special
emphasis on properties defined in terms of forbidden minors. In
particular, we will describe some new results on the maximum K_4 -
minor-free subgraph problem (joint work with Calinescu and Fernandes).

Joe Millham

Administrative Assistant
Engineering-1 Room 208
10 W. 32rd St.