[grads] Room 214 Computer Lab Accounts

Charles Tier ctier at iit.edu
Tue Aug 25 10:52:35 CDT 2009

Applied Math Grad Students:

I also want to encourage you to use the upgraded Applied Math Computer Lab in E1
214.  We have installed new machines, a new server and a duplex printer.  By
signing up for an account, you will be able to logon any machine in the lab and
have access to your files.  Your files will be stored on the new fileserver that
is safely backed up to avoid any data loss.  There is also up-to-date software
including Latex, Matlab and Maple.

We are also planning to set up a dedicated computational server that will be
capable of running larger, time intensive jobs.

Please follow Joe's directions below to gain access to the lab.  Also if you
have any questions or suggestions please contact me.

Have a Great Semester